QWO Pre + Post Care Instructions
2 Weeks Before Your Procedure:
- Avoid consuming alcohol and/or smoking 2-days before your treatment and 2-days post-treatment.
- Avoid anti-inflammatory/blood thinning medications 10-14 days prior and 3-4 days post-treatment. Medications such as Aspirin and other NSAIDS, Vitamin E, Fish oil, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, and St. John’s Wart should be avoided as they can increase the chance of bruising.
- Consider taking Arnica tablets 1 week prior to injections to prevent bruising. Arnica can be found at any health food store. We have Arnica available at ENIC.
- Days leading up to the procedure, be more aware of areas that bother you. This will assist us in marking you.
Day of Your Procedure:
- Avoid shaving, laser hair removal, electrolysis, waxing threading, and use of depilatory creams the day of your procedure
- Do not apply creams or lotions to the area being treated.
- Wear loose-fitting clothing. Thong underwear is preferred if treating the buttocks.
- Your procedure will last approximately 30 minutes depending on the areas treated.
- You are welcome to bring entertainment: a phone, tablet, and/or earphones to listen to during the procedure.
- You may drive to and from our center.
What to Expect:
- Extreme physical activity and exercise should be avoided within the first 24 hours post-treatment. Elevating your core temperature and increasing your heart rate via exercise will cause more swelling.
Recuperation + Healing:
You may or may not experience the following conditions in and/or around the treatment areas:
- Severe bruising
- Areas of firmness or hardness under the skin
- Swelling (generalized redness) surrounding the treatment area
- Mild bleeding
- Numbness, tingling, or sensitivity changes
- Tenderness and pain
Most patients will experience severe bruising of and surrounding the treated area. The bruising should resolve 14-30 days post-treatment.
- Shaving your legs for 4-days post-treatment.
- Tanning or prolonged exposure for 2 weeks.
- Showering until 24 hours after your Qwo injections.
- Baths or sitting in stagnant water for 7 days.
Contact our Office if You Experience:
- Excessive bleeding from the treatment site
- Fever greater than 100 degrees
- Any side effect or unusual symptom of concern
- 3-4 weeks after each treatment