Are you tired of seeing excess skin and fat in your upper arms? Are you embarrassed to wear sleeveless tops or other revealing clothing as you feel your arms are flabby, loose, and unattractive? If so, you may be a candidate for an arm lift (brachioplasty).
The Brachioplasty Procedure
The excess skin on the upper arm is removed, from armpit to the elbows. For some patients, the incisions are extended into the armpit to resolve excess skin and fat in the area, or they may be extended below the elbow to help refine the lower arm area. Occasionally a minimal-incision brachioplasty can be used for patients who have minimal upper arm excess skin. The incision for this procedure is placed in the axilla (armpit).
- Liposuction is occasionally used in this procedure to remove fatty deposits.
- All sutures are absorbable. The area is bandaged during healing.
- Dr. Egrari uses a novel technique that does not require drains.
- A special surgical garment is provided for support and healing.
- This outpatient operation is done under general anesthesia.