A Lower Body Lift
You may be experiencing sagging skin in multiple areas below your waistline for a variety of reasons. These typically include natural changes as a result of aging, extreme weight loss or weight fluctuations, and even genetics.
A lower body lift procedure can help tighten and contour your inner and outer thighs, buttocks, abdomen, the vaginal area, hips, and the lower back. It can help improve your looks and give you more confidence in your appearance.
The procedure may seem similar to liposuction at first glance, but there is one big difference that sets them apart. Liposuction is used for the removal of fat only; unlike the lower body lift, it involves no removal of skin tissue. Some plastic surgeons, however, may combine liposuction with other body lift surgeries for contouring different body parts.
In a lower body lift, the loose and droopy skin that looks unattractive and limits mobility is removed. Each year, several thousand people come out feeling extremely satisfied after the lower body lift procedure.
Candidates for Lower Body Lift
Lower body lifts are perfect for people who aren’t pleased with the way their lower region looks in the mirror. Candidates usually have excessive skin that needs to be removed. You’ll make a great candidate if:
• You have experienced extreme changes in weight from dieting or exercising and your body still retains unsightly stubborn fat.
• You have loose sagging skin around the abdominal area, posterior buttocks, and outer/inner thighs.
• You believe your loose skin is the natural result of the aging process.
• You have excessive fat tissue in more than one area, including the hips, outer thighs, buttocks, and stomach.
• You have experienced abdominal-wall muscle separation that results in sagging muscle tissue.
A lower body lift can help tighten and sculpt numerous areas located in the lower region of your body. During the procedure, your plastic surgeon will begin an incision similar to the one used for a tummy tuck and then extend it around your lower torso. This way, he can lift and tighten the necessary area and execute the normal tummy tuck all at once.
The incision length and pattern varies depending on the target area and the amount of additional skin that needs to be removed. The whole procedure is performed under the effects of general anesthesia.
In order to prepare for a lower body lift surgery, you need to follow these steps:
• Schedule an appointment with a board-certified surgeon for a medical evaluation or lab test.
• Avoid smoking for a few weeks before and after the procedure takes place.
• Make adjustments to your current medications or take certain medicines specified by your doctor.
• Avoid anti-inflammatory drugs, herbal supplements, and aspirin.
Contact Our Office
If you aren’t satisfied with the look of your lower body, it may be time to consider a lower body lift to make an improvement. If you have any questions about the procedure, Dr. Sepehr Egrari, a board-certified plastic surgeon, will help answer them. Contact us to schedule a consultation today!