Before Your Treatment
- 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment, do not ingest blood thinning medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve.
- If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor before stopping the use of blood thinners.
- AVOID herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules.
- 24 HOURS BEFORE treatment, do not drink alcoholic beverages.
- If you have a history of Herpes or cold sores, a course of anti-viral medication before and after treatment is required. Please call our office for a prescription.
Day of Your Treatment
- Please come to the office without make-up, creams, gels, or lotions on treatment areas.
- To maximize your comfort during the procedure, a topical anesthetic may be applied.
- To ensure a smooth and even correction, your provider may massage the area(s) treated, which may cause a temporary, minimal amount of redness to your skin.
What to Expect
- You may experience mild tenderness or a stinging sensation following the injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
- Depending upon the area(s) treated and product(s) used, you may feel “firmness” in the treated area(s) for 1 to 2 weeks after treatment. Over time, the area(s) will soften and “settle”.
After Your Treatment
- 24 HOURS AFTER you can resume exercise and apply makeup.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen.
- Massage the areas treated in a circular motion 5 times a day, for 5 minutes each, for 5 days after treatment.
- Wait a minimum of 2 weeks (or as directed by your provider) before receiving laser treatments.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- You may apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated (avoiding pressure) as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
Contact our Office
- If you develop signs of infection (increasing swelling, pain, heat, or surrounding redness) or if the treated area appears to be getting worse.
- If you are experiencing significant pain that is not relieved by the recommended pain medication listed above.
- If you develop severe swelling, redness, or bruising, that does not improve after two weeks.
- 4-6 weeks after each treatment.
- Additional treatment sessions may be recommended