Before your procedure
- Please inform us if you have a history of Herpes, frequent urinary tract infections, vaginal surgery, vaginal prolapse, an abnormal pap smear, or have a cardiac device of any kind.
- It is recommended to have a normal physical and pap smear within the last two years.
- A negative pregnancy test is required for women of childbearing age.
- Shave the external treatment area at least one day before the procedure
- AVOID waxing or laser hair removal 5-7 days before to avoid further irritation.
- Having your FormaV treatment done while menstruating is okay, but you may want to reschedule if you are experiencing heavy flow.
Day of your procedure
- You should empty your bladder immediately before your treatment.
- A single-use wand is inserted into the vagina to treat internal areas. It may also be placed on external areas of the vagina to treat the Labia Minora and Majora.
What to Expect
- If treated externally, the skin may be slightly pink to red, swollen, and warm to the touch for approximately one hour post-procedure.
- Possibility of mild cramping, which should resolve in 24 hours.
- Light spotting may occur immediately post-procedure.
After Your Procedure
- AVOID sexual intercourse for 2 days following your treatment.
Contact our office
- If you experience bleeding that lasts longer than 24 hours.
- If you are unable to control pain with over-the-counter medications.
- If you have cramping that lasts longer than 24 hours.
- If you have a fever of 101 degrees or higher.
- 4-6 weeks after each treatment.