Before Your Treatment
- AVOID dental work (including standard teeth cleaning) at least 2 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment.
- AVOID oral surgery at least 4 weeks prior to treatment and one month following treatment.
- 24 HOURS BEFORE treatment, do not drink alcoholic beverages.
- 7 DAYS BEFORE treatment, do not ingest blood thinning medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve.
- If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping the use of blood thinners.
- AVOID herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules.
- If you have a history of Herpes or cold sores, a course of anti-viral medication before and after treatment is required. Please call our office for a prescription.
Day of Your Treatment
- Please come to the office without make-up, creams, gels, or lotions on treatment areas.
- A topical anesthetic may be applied to maximize your comfort during the procedure.
- To ensure a smooth and even correction, your provider may massage the area(s) treated, which may cause a temporary, minimal amount of redness to your skin.
What to Expect
- You may experience some redness and tenderness at the treatment site(s) that can last a few hours or days.
- You may have bruises in the areas treated.
- Depending upon the area(s) treated and product(s) used, you may feel “firmness” in the treated area(s) for 1 to 2 weeks after treatment. Over time, the area(s) will soften and settle.
After Your Treatment
- Stay in a vertical position for four hours following injection. DO NOT rest your head or lie down; sit upright for about 4 hours.
- Wait 2 weeks (or as directed by your provider) before receiving laser treatments.
- You may take Acetaminophen/Tylenol if you experience any mild tenderness or discomfort.
- You may apply an ice or cold gel pack to the area(s) treated (avoiding pressure), as this helps reduce swelling and the potential for bruising.
- AVOID placing excessive pressure on the treated area(s) for the first few days; when cleansing your face or applying makeup, be very gentle.
- AVOID exercise or strenuous activities for the remainder of the treatment day; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided. Be sure to apply an SPF 30 or higher sunscreen.
Contact our Office if You:
- If you develop signs of infection (increasing swelling, pain, heat or surrounding redness) or if the treated area worsens.
- If you have severe swelling, redness, or bruising that is not improving after two weeks.
- If any of your side effects worsen or persist for longer than 2 weeks.
- 6-12 months after each treatment for maintenance injections.