Before your procedure
- Please inform us if you have a history of Herpes, frequent urinary tract infections, vaginal surgery, vaginal prolapse, an abnormal pap smear, or have a cardiac device of any kind.
- It is recommended to have a normal physical and pap smear within the last two years.
- A negative pregnancy test is required for women of childbearing age.
- Shave the external treatment area at least one day before the procedure
- AVOID waxing or laser hair removal 5-7 days before to avoid further irritation.
- Having your VTone treatment done while menstruating is okay, but you may want to reschedule if you are experiencing heavy flow.
Day of your procedure
- You should empty your bladder immediately before and after your treatment.
- A single use device is inserted into the vagina to treat internal areas.
What to Expect
- If treated externally, the skin may be slightly pink to red, swollen, and warm to the touch for approximately one hour post-procedure.
- Possibility of mild cramping, which should resolve in 24 hours.
- Light spotting may occur immediately post-procedure.
After Your Procedure
- AVOID sexual intercourse for 2 days following your treatment.
- In case of vaginal discharge, a panty liner may be worn for the first day after treatment.
Contact our office
- If you experience bleeding that lasts longer than 24 hours.
- If you are unable to control pain with over-the-counter medications.
- If you have cramping that lasts longer than 24 hours.
- If you have a fever of 101 degrees or higher.
- 4-6 weeks after each treatment.