Morpheus8 Pre + Post Care Instructions
Before your procedure
- 2 WEEKS BEFORE treatment, avoid sun exposure (tans/burns/tanning beds/spray tans)
- 1 WEEK BEFORE treatment, discontinue all topical products containing Tretinoin (Retin-A), Retinols, Retinoids, Glycolic Acid, Alpha Hydroxy Acid, Vitamin C, or any anti-aging products.
- 10-14 DAYS BEFORE treatment, do not ingest blood thinning medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve.
- If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping the use of blood thinners.
- Also, avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules.
- 3 DAYS BEFORE We recommend starting Arnica tablets to minimize bruising.
- 2 DAYS BEFORE treatment, do not drink alcoholic beverages.
- AVOID bleaching, waxing, tweezing, or using depilatory creams in the treatment area.
- Use sunscreen with UVA/UVB protection with SPF 30 or higher.
- If you have a history of Herpes or cold sores, a course of anti-viral medication before and after treatment is required. Please call our office for a prescription.
Day of your procedure
- Please come to the office without make-up, creams, gels, or lotions on treatment areas.
- We will have you wash your face when you arrive at the practice.
- A topical anesthetic will be applied to your skin, and you will numb for 45-60 minutes
What to Expect
- Minimal pinkness/redness may last for up to 1 week.
- Superficial bruising may occur, typically around the eyes.
- Small needle marks may be present for a few days to a week post-procedure
After your procedure
- 2-3 HOURS AFTER (preferably just before bedtime): You may use a gentle cleanser to wash your face.
- Sleep in a slightly elevated position for the first 2-3 days to help prevent additional swelling
- 2 DAYS AFTER Avoid consuming alcohol and/or smoking 2 days after your procedure.
- 4 DAYS AFTER Avoid taking NSAIDS (Aspirin, ibuprofen, etc.), Vitamin E, Fish oil, Gingko Biloba, Ginseng, and St. John’s Wart to reduce your risk of bruising and swelling.
- 1 WEEK AFTER You may start using your regular skin care regimen. Using a retinol product is strongly recommended as it will optimize your results.
- 10 DAYS AFTER Avoid direct sun exposure for 10 days post-treatment. NO TANNING BEDS.
- 3-5 weeks after each treatment.