Laser Hair Removal Pre + Post Care Instructions
Before your procedure
- Avoid tanning; real, fake, or spray tans.
- Do not bleach, wax, tweeze or use depilatory creams in the treatment area for 2 weeks before your treatment.
- Wear sunscreen with UVA + UVB protection every day
- Avoid topical products with tretinoin or Retin-A 1 week before your procedure.
- Please come to the office without make-up, creams, gels, or lotions on treatment areas.
- Please shave the area(s) to be treated 1 day prior to treatment.
- A history of herpes or cold sores may require a course of anti-viral medication pre and post treatment. Please call our office for a prescription.
What to expect
- The treated area may be pinkish in color immediately following the procedure.
- Your skin will develop small dark spots. This is the pigment rising to the surface. And, it will slough off.
Caring for your Skin
- Use plain, lukewarm water and a gentle cleanser to wash your skin 2x daily. Use your hands and fingertips to clean.
- DO NOT rub, scrub, or use an exfoliant or skincare brush such as a Clarisonic on the treated area.
- Moisturizer should be applied generously with clean hands over the treated area and reapplied whenever your skin feels dry.
- Sunscreen is a MUST and should be used daily beginning the day after treatment and used consistently on a daily basis. Use sunscreen with Broadband UVA and UVB protection and an SPF of 30 or more. Ensure to reapply during sun exposure.
- Every 4-6 weeks