Before your treatment
- 1 WEEK BEFORE treatment, do not ingest blood thinning medications such as Aspirin, Motrin, Ibuprofen, and Aleve.
- If you have a cardiovascular history, please check with your doctor prior to stopping the use of blood thinners.
- Also, avoid herbal supplements, such as Garlic, Vitamin E, Ginkgo Biloba, St. John’s Wort, and Omega-3 capsules.
- 24 HOURS BEFORE treatment, do not drink alcoholic beverages.
Day of the procedure
- Please come to the office without make-up, creams, gels, or lotions on treatment areas.
What to Expect
- You may experience mild tenderness or a stinging sensation following injection.
- Redness and swelling are normal. Some bruising may also be visible.
After your treatment
- Stay in a vertical position for four hours following injection. DO NOT rest your head or lie down; sit upright for about 4 hours.
- 24 HOURS AFTER you may apply makeup.
- AVOID exercise or strenuous activities for 4 hours; you may resume other normal activities/routines immediately.
- AVOID extended UV exposure until any redness/swelling has subsided.
- Use sunscreen with UVA/UVB protection and SPF 30 or higher.
Contact Our Office
- If your symptoms worsen or persist for longer than 2 weeks
- If you develop signs of infection (increasing swelling, pain, heat, or surrounding redness) or if the treated area worsens.
- If you feel that there is any asymmetry after 14 days.
- If you feel you have droopy eyelids and your vision is impaired.
- 3-4 months after each treatment for maintenance injections.