Breast Lift Seattle
Visit our Gallery
Who is a candidate for Breast Lift?
- If you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, genetics or aging.
- If the sagging is too great to be treated with an implant alone.
- If your nipple-areolar complexes (pigmented area around nipples) are enlarged.
- If a more youthful breast is desired.
Intended results of Breast Lift:
- An elevated, more youthful breast contour.
- Nipple-areolar complexes of the desired size and correct height.
- A tighter skin envelope.
Breast Lift procedure description:
- This is an outpatient procedure done under general anesthesia.
- The designs of the incisions vary with the level of sagging and the architecture of the breast vary. Most commonly, Dr. Egrari uses a vertical lift (lollipop lift) which places the incision around the nipple and down to the fold of the breast. Occasionally, a periareolar lift (doughnut lift) is done with minimal incisions around the areola. Patients with excessive skin and significant droopiness will need a standard lift (anchor incision.)
- The nipple-areolar complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped in a pleasing contour and a more youthful position.
- The insertion of an implant may or may not be advisable. Implants are used to increase upper pole fullness. Sometimes it is wise to first do the breast lift and then insert the implants at a later time
Recuperation and healing following Breast Lift surgery:
- The patient goes home in a bra with only light dressing over the incision lines.
- The bra is worn as dressing for 2-3 weeks.
- Sutures are all dissolvable and the latest techniques are used to minimize scars.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Light activity may be started in 7-10 days.
- Most patients return to work in 10 days and resume all activity in about 4 weeks.
Other options besides Breast Lift:
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Breast Lift procedure.