Who is a candidate?
- Women who desire a more youthful vagina.
- Women who have enlarged labia minora (small lips)
- Women who have difficulty with hygiene, intercourse and exercise as a result of the redundancy of the labia minora.
- More youthful vagina.
- A more positive self-image.
- Improvement of hygiene and ability of exercise.
- Creating a more sensual area for intimate moments.
- Vaginal rejuvenation is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- The excess and redundancy of the labia minora is tailored to fit the presentation.
- Using novel techniques, the natural sheen and the sensitivity of the area is well maintained.
- Occasionally fat is injected into the labia majora (large lips) in order to invigorate youthfulness.
Recuperation and healing after Vaginal Rejuvenation:
- The patient goes home in a special undergarment. Some dressing will cover the area.
- Initial discomfort is controlled with oral medication.
- All sutures are dissolvable.
- Light activity is tolerated in 5-7 days. Most patients go back to work in 1 week. Aerobic activities can be resumed in 4 weeks.
- No intercourse for 6 weeks.
- Final results become more evident in 2-3 months.
Other options besides Vaginal Rejuvenation:
- Other options include laser hair removal of the bikini area and the vagina.
- Also, occasionally an Abdominoplasty (tummy tuck) might be needed to lift the entire mid pubic area in cases of significant aging.
- Internal tightening procedures are controversial and should be looked upon with caution. A qualified gynecologist might be able to assist you.
Because of the sensitive nature of the area, photos can be shown to you during your consultation.