Visit our Gallery
Who is a candidate for Tummy Tuck?
- If you have loose or sagging abdominal wall skin frequently associated with abnormal relaxation of the anterior abdominal wall muscles (due to multiple pregnancies or weight loss).
- If you are unable to tighten abdominal wall skin with exercise.
- If you have stretch marks due to previous pregnancies.
- If you have previous scars from other surgeries that are unsightly.
Intended results of Tummy Tuck:
- A smoother flatter abdomen with a more shapely side contour.
- Smaller belly button with upper hooding.
- A more athletic and attractive look.
Tummy Tuck procedure description:
- The Bellevue tummy tuck procedure is performed under general anesthesia.
- Full Abdominoplasty will get rid of all the skin of the lower abdomen, from just above the belly button to the pubic area.
- Mini-abdominoplasty is only for select patients who have a small amount of excess fat and skin of the very lower abdomen.
- Abdominoplasty also tightens the abdominal wall, which results in a more contoured abdomen.
- The scar for abdominoplasty extends across the lower abdomen and can go as far back as the lower back, depending upon the amount of excess skin the patient has.
Recuperation and healing after Tummy Tuck:
- Abdominoplasty can be somewhat uncomfortable immediately after the operation and will require a certain level of commitment in the recuperating period.
- You will be able to go home the day of the operation.
- You will be encouraged to walk and move regularly within 1-2 days of the operation.
- Light activity will be comfortable in 10 days. Sports will not be comfortable for about 6 weeks.
- A pain pump (On-Q) and our regimen of pain medications create a comfortable post-operative period.
Other options besides Tummy Tucks:
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Abdominoplasty procedure.