Who is a candidate for Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty)?
- If you have an abnormal appearance of the nose as a result of genes, injury or disease.
- If your nose is cosmetically unattractive or does not “fit” with other facial features.
- If a previous Rhinoplasty has not been to your satisfaction.
- If you have an ethnically wide or flat nose.
Intended results of Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty):
- More attractive nasal shape.
- Nose in better proportion to other facial features.
- Nose reshaping (Rhinoplasty) procedure description
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- There are various approaches to Rhinoplasty (Nose Reshaping). These include open or a closed techniques depending on the architecture of the nose and the relative technical difficulty of the procedure.
- All aspects of the nose can be reshaped. Specific attention is given to the relationship of the width, length, and the tip of the nose.
Occasionally a functional defect such as a deviated septum is addressed.
Recuperation and healing following Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty):
- The patient goes home with an external cast or splint in place. The nose may be packed for 24-48 hours. The cast or splint is usually removed in one week.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- The majority of swelling and bruising subsides progressively over 2-4 weeks. However, some residual swelling can persist for up to 6 months.
- External sutures are removed in 4-6 days. Internal sutures dissolve.
- Semifinal result is evident in 3 months. Final result is evident in 12-14 months, which is the time necessary for complete tissue softening.
Other options and information on Nose Reshaping (Rhinoplasty):
- Additional procedures that may enhance the results are eyelid lift, forehead lift, Chin Augmentation, lip augmentation and Laser Skin Resurfacing.
- One of the hallmarks of the Rhinoplasty that Bellevue plastic surgeon Dr. Egrari performs is its natural appearance. A nose that obviously appears operated-on is not attractive.
- Rhinoplasty is one of the most sensitive plastic surgery operations and needs to be done at a center like ours that performs many nose procedures each month.
- It is important that ethnic variation and feminine versus masculine traits of a nose are well-regarded and analyzed.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons offers additional information on Rhinoplasty — http://www.plasticsurgery.org.
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Nose Reshaping procedure.