Who is a candidate for Fat Injection?
- If you have experienced the loss of fatty tissue in some areas of your face, and occasionally the rest of the body, either due to aging or trauma.
- If you have thin lips due to aging or genes.
- If you are starting to form smile lines around your mouth.
- If you desire to enhance the chin or jaw line.
- If you do not desire to have artificial implants placed in your body and face.
- If you desire to gain significant enhancement without major surgical procedures.
- If you have had liposuction and now have skin irregularities.
Intended results of Fat Injection:
- Rejuvenate and enhance thinned-out areas of the body by strategically placing fat in multiple layers.
- Create results that are not fully absorbed and diminished.
- Improve post-liposuction deformity.
Fat Injection procedure description:
- This outpatient procedure is done under local anesthesia or sedation.
- Fatty tissue is harvested in a non-traumatic fashion from appropriate areas of deposit such as the inner thighs or lower abdomen. The amount of fat that is removed is not going to leave any type of noticeable defect.
- The fat is then prepared and purified by first centrifuging it in a special machine. All the oil and local anesthesia solution is purified out.
- Small (1-2 millimeter) incisions are placed in strategic areas; specialized cannulas are used to microinject fatty cells into multiple layers of the appropriate area. This dramatic technique allows the fatty cells into areas that can be vascularized. This practice allows the cells to become permanently lodged in the thin areas.
Recuperation and healing after Fat Injection:
- Sutures are removed in 3-4 days. There is some bruising, but no special dressings or drains. Most patients resume normal activity in 2-3 days. Depending in the areas done most patients go back to work in 3-4 days.
- Minimal discomfort is associated with this procedure. Oral pain medication can easily control the mild discomfort that some patients feel in the first 24 hours.
Other options and information on Fat Injection:
- Autologus Fat Injection can be done in conjunction with variety of facial procedures, including Facelifts.
- Fat injection is becoming more accepted and is gaining significant respect in the field of cosmetic surgery. There is tremendous research on Fat Injection and its possible healing and rejuvenative powers deriving from potential stem-like cells that are delivered to the area. Stay tuned.
- Fat injection is powerful and effective for post liposuction deformities.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons offers additional information on fat injection — http://www.plasticsurgery.org.
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Fat Injection procedure.