Who is a candidate for Forehead Lift/Brow Lift?
- If your forehead sags or your brows hang too low and too close to the eyes.
- If you have deep vertical furrows between the eyebrows (frown lines).
- If the outside corners of your eyes are covered by a “hood” of brow skin.
Intended results of Forehead Lift/Brow Lift:
- A more youthful and rested appearance to the forehead and upper eyelids.
- A more feminine brow position.
- Correction of the “hooding” of the outside corner of the eyes.
- A result that conveys feminine rise of the outside of the brows and not an overall surprised look.
Forehead Lift/Brow Lift procedure description:
- The plastic surgery procedure is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- Usually, endoscopic or minimally invasive techniques are used to minimize scarring.
- Specialized absorbable implants (endotine by MicroAire) are used for the lift of the brow.
- When open techniques are used, the incisions are usually made behind the hairline. For patients with high foreheads, the incisions can be placed in front of the hairline.
- The forehead skin is lifted and re-positioned, weakening the muscles that cause frown lines.
- Specific attention is paid to the natural feminine position of the eyebrow, without the surprise look.
Recuperation and healing following forehead lift
- The patient goes home with head wrapped in dressings, which are usually removed on the first day after surgery.
- Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Sutures or staples are removed within 10 days.
- Most swelling and bruising is gone in 7-10 days.
Other options and information on Forehead Lift/Brow Lift:
- Additional procedures that may enhance results are Lower and/or Upper Eyelid lift, Facelift, chin augmentation, or other facial procedures and implants.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons offers additional information on forehead/brow lift — http://www.plasticsurgery.org.
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Forehead Lift/Brow Lift procedure.