Who is a candidate?
- Women who have implants that are asymmetrical, hardened, wrinkled, rippled, deflated or misshaped.
- Women who have ptosis (droopiness) over their implants or after a previous breast lift.
- Women who have poor symmetry of their breast due to previous operations.
- Women who have stretched areolas or insightly scars after previous breast procedures.
- Women who want to change their saline implants to silicone, or simply want to reduce or enlarge their current implant size.
Intended results of Revisionary Breast Surgery:
- To improve the contour of breast by going after the main issue causing the deformity. This could be an issue with the implant or with the breast reshaping that has been done.
- To create a more symmetrical and harmonious breast look.
Revisionary Breast Surgery procedure description:
- Seattle plastic surgeon Dr. Egrari will determine the root cause of the problem. He will either manipulate the implant, its size, or its position above or below the muscle.
- He will most likely use the previous scars and revise them.
- He will address the skin envelope, nipple position, and general shape of the breast, and will attempt to restore harmony to the breast and relate it to the body’s general proportion.
- Many of these are done with state-of-the-art procedures such as the use of dermal matrix patches, the use of the capsule as buttress, and internally suturing the pocket for proper implant positioning.
- The outpatient procedure is done under general anesthesia.
Recuperation and healing following Revisionary Breast Surgery:
- Post-operatively a bra is provided for the first two weeks after the operation.
- Occasionally a drain is used overnight.
- There is usually minimal discomfort associated with secondary operations.
- Most patients are able to resume exercise in 3 weeks and return to work in 3-5 days.
- Although dramatic difference is seen immediately, the final result will be apparent in about a month or so.
Other information on Revisionary Breast Surgery:
- Dr. Egrari and his staff will need to obtain all previous records in order to ascertain the available treatment options.
- Breast surgery can be a long-term commitment and a frustrating experience. We will provide candid information about the options that are available at our consultation.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons offers additional information on breast augmentation — http://www.plasticsurgery.org
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Revisionary Breast Surgery procedure.