What is Kybella® and how does it treat unwanted chin fat?
Kybella® is an injectable solution that contains a naturally occurring molecule in the body that assists in the breakdown and absorption of fat. When injected into the submentum it begins to breakdown fat cells.
Who is a candidate for Kybella®?
- If you are bothered by fat under the chin, also known as submental fullness.
- You feel that the condition makes you look older and heavier than you are.
- You are looking for a non-surgical option.
- You have stubborn, unwanted fat under the chin that will not go away with diet and exercise.
- Fat reduction of submentum.
More about Kybella®
- Kybella® is the only FDA cleared injectable solution to treat unwanted chin fat.
- Kybella® is minimally invasive.
- Little downtime following Kybella® injections.
- A cold pack or ice pack will be given before and after the procedure.
- Kybella® is injected into the submental area.
- The procedure takes about 15-30 minutes.
Recuperation + Healing
- We ask that you do not take any blood thinners (i.e.: fish oil, vitamin E, ibuprofen, aspirin)
- There will be swelling and bruising after the procedure.
- Arnica may be provided to help aid the recovery, speeding the reduction of swelling and bruising that can occur after Kybella® injections.
- Using ice will help decrease swelling and bruising as well.
- Some areas where Kybella® has been injected may feel hard, but dissipate over time.
- A combination of a CoolSculpting and/or Ultherapy treatment may enhance results (also know as our E/Lift IV). Surgical procedures such as Suction Assisted Lipectomy
- Please see our Promotions page to learn more about our E/Lifts.
- This procedure is considered cosmetic and therefore is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment.