Visit our Gallery
Who is a candidate for a Facelift?
- If you have experienced a loss of skin elasticity and muscle tone of the face and neck.
- If you have the appearance of jowls and deep creases between the base of the nose and the corners of the mouth.
- If you have developed facial and neck wrinkles.
- If you believe you lack youthful chin and neck contours.
- If you think you have a tired facial appearance.
Intended results of Facelift:
- A more rested and youthful contour to the face and neck.
- Smoother jaw line.
- Smoother neck.
- Fuller upper cheek area.
Facelift procedure description:
- There are a variety of elegant approaches to Facelifts. They depend on the patient’s type of facial structure and aging.
- The facelift plastic surgery is done on an outpatient basis under local anesthesia with sedation, or under general anesthesia.
- Incisions are made within the hairline (or along the hair margin) above the ear, extending down around the ear lobe and ending in or below the hairline behind the ear. The subcutaneous layers and neck muscles (SMAS) are tightened, the facial skin re-draped and lifted, and the excess skin removed.
- Dr. Egrari uses variety of different adjunctive procedures to build up the cheek area and improve the overall volume of the face.
- Fat injection has become a very important adjunct with facelifts as it brings the “cushion” of youth back to the structures.
Recuperation and healing after Facelift:
- The patient goes home with head and neck wrapped in dressings, which are usually removed the next day.
- Minimal initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Sutures are removed within 10 days. Bruising and swelling decrease to presentable levels in 10-12 days.
- The final result is evident in 4-6 weeks or sooner with continued improvement for several months.
Other options besides Facelift:
- Common additional procedures that enhance the results of a Facelift include: Eyelid Lift, Brow Lift, Chin Augmentation, Fat transfer and Laser Skin resurfacing.
- Fat transfer to regain the volume of the mid face has become an increasingly appropriate part of a well-executed facelift. Dr. Egrari will advise you if you are a candidate.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons offers additional information on Facelift — http://www.plasticsurgery.org
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Facelift procedure.