Eyelid Surgery Seattle
Visit our Gallery
Who is a candidate for Eyelid Surgery?
- If you have excessive, sagging or wrinkled upper and lower eyelid skin.
- If you have excess upper eyelid skin that interferes with vision.
- If you have lost your natural upper eyelid crease.
- If you have puffy pouches of fat in lower lids along with tear troughs that create a tired and aged appearance.
- If you have Asian eyelids and want a better crease.
Intended results of Eyelid Surgery:
- A more youthful and rested appearance of the eyes.
- A natural maintenance of the youthfull appearance of the eyes.
- Widening of visual fields if excessive upper lid skin has partially blocked vision.
- Eyelid Surgery will not remove or erase all wrinkle lines, but will soften them.
Eyelid Surgery procedure description:
- The operation is done on an outpatient basis mostly under sedation and local anesthesia.
- The incisions are made where the natural crease should be in the upper lids and below the lash lines in the lower lids.
- Excess fat and skin are judiciously removed.
- If only excess fat is present in the lower lids, it may be removed through an incision inside the lower lids with no external incision or scar (transconjunctival blepharoplasty).
- A unique Eyelid Surgery procedure is often done to the lower lids by repositioning and re-draping the fat. This reduces the tear trough and maintains the youthful lid-cheek junction.
- A re-suspension and tightening of the lower lids (canthopexy) is commonly done during lower lid rejuvenation.
- Laser skin resurfacing can be used to tighten the remaining skin laxity.
Recuperation and healing following Eyelid Surgery:
- All sutures are removed within 5 days.
- Initial mild discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication.
- Bruising will last up to one week and swelling will progressively disappear over several weeks.
- Eye makeup can be used shortly after sutures are removed.
Other options and information about Eyelid Surgery:
- Additional procedures that enhance the results are Forehead Lift, Facelift, Mid-Facelift, and Laser Skin Resurfacing.
- The artistic elements of eyelid surgery have undergone a tremendous evolution in the past few years. Sometimes less is better. Every effort is made to re-create your youthful look without an unnatural or hollowed-eye appearance that can result from aggressive eyelid surgery. Seattle plastic surgeon Dr. Egrari will determine if you are a good candidate.
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons offers additional information on eyelid lift — http://www.plasticsurgery.org.
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Eyelid Surgery procedure.