Ear Reshaping Seattle
Visit our Gallery
Who is a candidate for Ear Reshaping (Otoplasty)?
- Individuals who have large protruding ears.
- Individuals who lack the normal definition of their ear cartilage.
- Individuals who, due to trauma, have defects or irregularity of their ears.
- Individuals who cover their ears with hair due to the unsightly appearance of their ears.
- Children (7 or older) who have significant peer pressure due to protruding ears.
Intended results of Ear Reshaping:
- Natural-looking ears with reduction in size and protrusion.
- Boosted self-esteem in both children and adults.
Ear Reshaping procedure description:
- The procedure is done as an outpatient under general anesthesia and occasionally under local anesthesia.
- With an array of elegant techniques, the ear is set back and the cartilages are reshaped.
- The scar is behind the ear and most likely unnoticeable.
Recuperation and healing following Ear Reshaping:
- A head dressing is worn for one day.
- After that, most patients will need to wear a compressive band at night for 1 month.
- There is very little discomfort associated with this procedure.
- Most ear plastic surgery patients are able to go back to work or school in 7-10 days.
Other information on Ear Reshaping:
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Ear Reshaping procedure.