Chin Augmentation Seattle
Visit our Gallery
Who is a candidate for chin augmentation?
- Individuals who have a small chin.
- Individuals who desire a stronger and more proportionate chin and jaw line.
Intended results of chin augmentation
- Improve the contour of a small chin.
- Create stronger chin line.
- Bring out more proportion between the nose and chin.
- Improve the fatty collection under the chin.
Chin augmentation procedure description
- Variety of different shape and size silicone implants are placed over the chin using an incision either inside the mouth or under the chin.
- There are over 140 different shapes or sizes of implants. Seattle plastic surgeon Dr. Egrari will determine what implant best suits your needs, and what areas of the chin and jaw are appropriate for augmentation.
- The procedure is done as an outpatient under local anesthesia with sedation.
Recuperation and healing following chin augmentation
- Procedure takes about 45 minutes.
- A post-operative garment is placed to make you feel more comfortable.
- Mild discomfort is controlled with oral pain medication.
- All sutures are under the skin or inside the mouth and will dissolve on their own.
- Most swelling and bruising are improved by 7 days.
- Final definition is obvious in one month.
- Most patients are back to work after 4-7 days.
Other options besides chin augmentation
- The relationship of nose and chin is an important one in definition and strength of the face. Often times individuals who undergo rhinoplasty will be evaluated for possibility of having a chin implant.
- Other procedures that may enhance the outcome of chin augmentation include brow lift, nose reshaping and lip augmentation.
- American Society of Plastic Surgeons offers additional information on Chin Augmentation — http://www.plasticsurgery.org.
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Chin Augmentation procedure.