Breast Augmentation Seattle
Who is a candidate?
- Women who desire larger and/or fuller breasts.
- Women who have a moderate sagging of the breasts, which can be treated by breast enlargement.
- Women who have lost fullness in breasts due to breastfeeding and/or fluctuation in weight.
- Women who have asymmetry; one breast that is noticeably larger/smaller than the other.
- Larger and/or shapelier breasts.
- Bring back proportions to your breasts and body.
- Dr. Egrari uses a scientific and artistic method to recommend an individualized size and dimension for your body build.
- Implant profile and size is determined by proportions; diameter of the chest, weight, height and level of enhancement desired by the patient.
- Vectra 3D: Allows you to see a digital simulation of the implant sizes recommended by Dr. Egrari.
- We offer a variety of different styles and dimensions for an individualized breast enhancement including cohesive (Gummy Bear) implants.
- Dr. Egrari also uses a unique method of intra-operative sizing to evaluate the patient and to give her the most appropriate size and shape of breasts.
- The procedure is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- A small incision is made under the breasts, under the nipple, or under the armpit (endoscopic approach) and a saline or silicone implant is inserted under the breast tissue or more commonly under the breast tissue and the underlying muscle.
- We use Keller Funnel to simplify the insertion of the implant. It also protects the implant from the surface of your skin. Click here to watch how the Keller Funnel is used.
Recuperation and healing after Breast Augmentation:
- The patient goes home in a bra. The bra provides comfort and acts as a support for the breasts while simultaneously holding implants in a secure position while the body heals.
- Initial discomfort is controlled with oral medication. We feel that our meticulous no touch techniques create a very comfortable post-operative period.
- Patients can opt for Exparel, a long acting injectable pain reliever. We call it our “Ouchless” Breast Augmentation.
- Generally, no sutures are used on the skin. The sutures under the skin are dissolvable.
- Most patients take off one week from work. Aerobic activities can be started in about 4 weeks. Light activities can be resumed as tole
Other options besides Breast Augmentation:
- An additional procedure that Bellevue breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Egrari performs that can enhance the sagging breast is a Mastopexy (Breast Lift). Often times after pregnancy or weight loss, the ptosis (droopiness) of breasts will not allow just an implant, and innovative lifts are used to bring out the beauty of an appropriate breast.
- The field of plastic surgery is conducting a significant amount of research about using autologus fat transfer for breast augmentation. This is still experimental and not considered standard care for breast enhancement. We are closely following this and will implement its use when we feel that your safety and results are well-prioritized. Stay tuned…
- We continue to educate our patients about their choices and about the safety of implants. For more information, visit: http://www.breastimplantsafety.org
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons offers additional information on breast augmentation — http://www.plasticsurgery.org
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Breast Augmentation procedure.