Breast Augmentation Seattle
Who is a candidate?
- Women who desire larger breasts.
- Women with a moderate degree of breast sagging and smaller breast, whose problem can be solved by enlargement.
- Women who have one breast that is noticeably smaller than the other.
- Women who have lost fullness after breastfeeding.
- Larger and more shapely breasts.
- A more positive self-image.
- Bringing back femininity after pregnancy and weight loss.
- Creating a more matured and evolved feminine chest.
- Breast augmentation is done on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia.
- A small incision is made under the breast, around the nipple, or under the arm. A silicone- or a saline-filled implant is inserted either under the breast tissue, under the fascia or, more often, under the muscle.
- We use what is called a Keller Funnel to simplify the insertion of the implant. This also protects the implant from the surface of your skin. Click here to watch a video of Keller Funnel in action.
- Different profiles and types of implants are used to suit the individual needs of the patients’ specific anatomy.
- Size is chosen in a unique and dynamic fashion by taking into account your proportions, chest size, and general desire for enlargement.
Recuperation and healing after Breast Augmentation:
- The patient goes home in an elastic bra. The bra provides comfort and acts as a support for the breasts.
- Initial discomfort is controlled with oral medication.
- All sutures are under the skin and are dissolvable.
- Patients can opt for Exparel, a long acting injectable pain reliever.
- Light activity is tolerated in 5-7 days. Most patients go back to work in 1 week. Aerobic activities can be resumed in 4 weeks.
- Final results become more evident in 2-3 months.
Other options besides Breast Augmentation:
- An additional procedure that Bellevue breast augmentation surgeon Dr. Egrari performs that can enhance the sagging breast is a Mastopexy (Breast Lift). Often times after pregnancy or weight loss, the ptosis (droopiness) of breasts will not allow just an implant, and innovative lifts are used to bring out the beauty of an appropriate breast.
- The field of plastic surgery is conducting a significant amount of research about using autologus fat transfer for breast augmentation. This is still experimental and not considered standard care for breast enhancement. We are closely following this and will implement its use when we feel that your safety and results are well-prioritized. Stay tuned…
- We continue to educate our patients about their choices and about the safety of implants. For more information, visit: http://www.breastimplantsafety.org
- The American Society of Plastic Surgeons offers additional information on breast augmentation — http://www.plasticsurgery.org
Visit our Gallery to view before & afters of our Breast Augmentation procedure.